Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sports Are Painful








Last night, my coworker Nick came knocking on my door around ten, to see if I wanted to go out to the batting cages. Of course I did! Actually, I have grown somewhat fond of the notion, since having gone a few days ago, the first time since, well, I was a little boy. We walked over to them, which is very close to my apartment, a matter of a five minute walk. We each did about four rounds, one of which, or 20 balls, costs about 34 american cents. Its a cheap workout. In fact, my arms are sore. As is my thigh, as I stepped in front of the machine when it was apparently not done shooting balls at me. Good thing they are somewhat soft, fake baseballs, and not real ones. I wouldn't be able to walk if that were the case.

After deciding that we were winded enough from swinging the bat around, we decided to go to a nearby bar, called "Thursday Party," and down some beers. This we did, whilst talking about our respective hometowns, or mostly Toronto, which is where Nick is from. The bar we went to had curried popcorn and deep fried spaghetti for bar food. Isn't that weird! But it was very good. Who does that? Koreans.

We went to another place, a regular fixture at this point called Kino-Eye, and threw some darts. I am actually getting better at darts, but it sucks that over here, all the dartboards are those fake plastic ones you have to put money into.

Deciding to call it a night, we walked home, and I picked up two corn dogs along the way, the second of which I am enjoying as a breakfast snack right now, coupled with instant coffee and the BBC World News Service. I've got report cards to make up and give out for about forty students today, so I am up extra early, to make sure I get my news fix before heading into the breach of screaming children and elementary English.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment