Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Stuff That Happens to Me in My Dreams is WAY Cooler Than in Waking Life


It was my first night at a new job as a server at a very fancy restaurant/hotel in the southwest. I was living at the hotel also. There were three showers and two bathtubs in my bathroom. Decked out in a tuxedo, I worked my dinner shift with
relative ease, even though it was first night. I am pretty sure that the dream occured in the eighties. I had one cantankerous table of three men, two white one black, who were argumentative businessmen. they drank old man drinks and
bitched about their steaks the whole time. After I got off, I strolled back through the humongous old hotel to my room. From a room across the atrium from mine, I heard an old woman scream. I ran over to her room, and the door was open. I walked in
and an old black woman was screaming, pointing towards the door of her closet, which was shaking violently, on its own! She was deathly afraid but I was very excited. I thought to myself "I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THIS TYPE OF SHIT!" Then, I pointed at the door, and in my most intense commanding voice, said "GET OUT. YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE! GET OUT!." It stopped shaking.

I tried to calm her down, and got her out of her room. She sat down in the atrium and I remembered that Angela Lansbury, from "Murder, She Wrote" lived next door to me. I jogged over and knocked on her door and she opened it, exasperated, saying "Oh what do you want this time, Andy?! I'm watching a move!" (It was Titanic). I told her about the ghost and she said "I'll see about it tomorrow," and waved me away, slamming her door. Then, a very stern man walked towards me and the old woman, and began to explain about the ghost. He said that a man had lived in that room "centuries before," who had a baby formula business. It became known that he was putting chemicals in the baby formula which would give children an odd deformity, being born without nipples, which had become very common in the town back then. An angry mob stormed his place, and he was strangled in his own closet.

I walked the old black woman to the front desk to assist her in getting a new room, and then went back to my room, tossed my shoes in the corner, and laid down to go to sleep.

That's when I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the "Cabot Cove" life preserver in the back of the shot.

    ReplyDelete