Friday, March 27, 2009

An Interesting Dream

Super intense dream this morning.

I worked at the school I work at but it was in a bank. One day this old arab guy came in with explosives packed all over his chest, mumbling. I saw him first and screamed to my coworkers and we all ran to the back of the building but he just kept walking towards us, then he blew up. Then, i am outside the building asking my coworkers what happened. No one is hurt. I tell them i have to ask them because, as i said in the dream, "My life is like a dream, and I never really know what happens."

They tell me that everyone is ok and the man with the explosives died. Then, it is the evening and I am back at the school I work at, and they have invited some american buddhist guru guy to come speak to comfort us or something. I am cynical at first, but then i become filled with emotion and sadness and grief over the failure and darkness in my own life, and begin sobbing. He quits talking, gets out of his lotus position on his pedestal, and comes down and puts his hand on my shoulder. He is full of truth and i am very intensely moved by his words and presence. I love him like a best friend, or a god. Our eyes communicate volumes in seconds. He seems like a much older me, and I know this deeply. He gives me a book that he wrote which is very very long. He also gives me some way of getting a hold of him that I can't recall and tells me we can talk "anytime." I am crying. I thank him and stumble out of the building. It is by the beach. On my way to the subway, the book starts falling apart in my hands, and by the time i get to the platform, it is in tatters. Then, a young woman comes up to me and gives me a note saying she would like to go out on a date. I study her ass as she gets on the subway. On the subway, I run into one of my students, who is with his dad. We chat casually about the finest restaurants in Busan, which I somehow have an encyclopedic, detailed understanding of.

Then, i am woken by korean pop music on my alarm clock.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment